RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

75 inch dragster build

Go down 
+6
OZZY HILLBILLY
CALracing
vwguru75
The Man
Dominick999
dominick99
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

75 inch dragster build Empty
PostSubject: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

I started this after I got back from the Wram show

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] border="0" alt=""/>ervimg.com/u/f41/17/31/38/02/save1510.jpg[/img][/url]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dominick999
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Wow Dom, you made that look so simple....
Very nice, cant wait to see more progress.

Pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcburnout.com
The Man
The Man

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm

hey dom,what motor you puttung in that dragster????
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Motor   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanx Pete......Ii needed something to go with that Funnycar of Mine.....Well, I dont know let on the motor........Not there let Bob.......Im trying to figure out how to make a Motor cover for one of the nice ones you guys run....I ran the motor in My Funny car for a Half a hour yesterday in the Garage and it did fine......Started right up today........I really dont think any one encluding myself would run a Funny car or Dragster that long at any given period thou......4 seconds runs......Wooohooooo....Thats Crazy.. I will be in touch with you on that thou.......Im new to the big block stuff for these cars

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
Dominick999
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Dom these are some nasty motors, although you would need some custom stuff to make it work, ie clutch housing, the 75 and the 100 are crazy.

Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 pm

i hope you dont put a small block in that car,the motor would get lost. big car needs big motor, at least a 70cc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Dom, that is just awsome! And quick too. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build. Roger.
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

NYCDragRacer wrote:
Dom these are some nasty motors, although you would need some custom stuff to make it work, ie clutch housing, the 75 and the 100 are crazy.

Im gonna reck something.....I can see that already...lol....Those motors are Sick Pete......Plan sick......And Bob....Im putting something in that dragster to reck it for sure......... Twisted Evil

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
vwguru75
vwguru75

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Looks great. Besides frog tape, are you using a MIG or TIG for the welding?
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Tig   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Should have been at the show to see the Funny car.........Tig welding only. Smile Im thinking you really cant mig this Tubing togather with any authority. Ive been welding since 1981... Tig welding all my life... Mig welding is designed for dumping a whole lot of metal in a quick time. I wouldnt attempt it with a mig welder.. Maybe some one can but I surely could not.

Im using Silicon Bronze wire for the prototype Funny Car and Dragster But Im thinking 70s2 or 80s2 for the frames on the other ones.... Jurys not out let Laughing

Check and Mate

Back to top Go down
vwguru75
vwguru75

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:14 am

Another one throwing digs that I should have been at the show.........you must have been hangin with Mr. ProStreet.
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: No Diggs   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:00 am

Hey VW...No Diggs Buddy....Hell it was only my first show sooooooooo, I have no room to talk. But I will try to make them all from now on work Permitting. I am very pleased with the way my Funnycar came out.....And soooooo much more to do on it.....

Check and Mate

Oh and the Frog Tape is my second set of Hands Smile I like to build it all myself with no help
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Mounted the wing   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 am

I figured out where I want the wing and reworking that dragster body...Bought it for a 100 bucks a while ago and new it needed reworking. Im going with the new section and a canopy cockpit like the Army Dragster.. The solid pins are only tact welded for now because I am now figuring out where I want the rear axle mounts.....I am Making my dragster frame sit an inch of the ground to match my funnycar....

Check and Mate

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Heres My engineering delima for the day........My frame will sit a inch of the ground....The Motor is at the height I want...........Easy bobby, it will fit a big block too but Im using my mock up motor for height soo the bug catcher will peak over the driver cage..............whick brings me to my next delima.....The frame is sitting where I want in side the body but..............the body is on the freakinnnnnnnnnnnn ground Sad ....Soo Im thinking trim the whole body a half a inch .........Body will be a 1/2 inch of the ground and the frame will be a inch of the ground......That way I can make my cage the way I want soo it will not look to tall when the body is off.......F#@! , Im tired just writing all that.......Also it where have mounting brackets for both a raco and Skellenger rearend......Only Alternative is bend up an aluminum body...Another freakinnnnn drawing Mad

Check and Mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down
CALracing

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Designing is Hell! Good Job wild man.
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 pm

I know , I know . But I Love it soo Very Happy Very Happy

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Ok ......frame inch of the ground........body 1/2 inch of the ground and the canopy is 3 inches tall at its highest point

Picekd the canopy design I was fiddling with and came up with this......I hope the hell I figured enough figuring in this for the Army dragster enclosed canopy Rolling Eyes

Heres some pics so far....Just tacked up

Check and Mate

Last edited by dominick99 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Full body shot........I can see now the body is fine ......A little trimming on top as it is or shave it all off for the full canopy Rolling Eyes

Yea , wrong headers...Its the mock up motor for height Twisted Evil

Check and Mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Todays project.......Turning my dragster body with an open cockpit to the new Amry top fuel dragster enclosed canopy....

It will be a plug for now till summ time comes......Things Im thinking about......Make the front wings part of the plug or not and if I want the canopy removal or not....also adding the side flap wings right behind the driver......

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 am

Top Fuel Fact of the day

A Top Fuel Dragster/Funnycar Creates 800 to 1000 pounds of down force thru its exhaust alone affraid

WoW

Check and Mate

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Finally Picked WHERE I WANTED the motor to go.....Pretty much dead center in that back area. Mocked up the headers and welded them to the table so I can remove the motor casing and zenoah and start on them. That dragster is not moving from that table till the headers are done Next is the bending of the 1/2 inch tube....I tried one and it didnt go so well so figure Ill figure some more Laughing

Check and Mate

Back to top Go down
Dominick999
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Dom you going to keep this a 2 piece chassis?
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Yep.........They telescope in and out perfectly Pete.........I love the 2 piece......Im gonna hate drilling them holes to keep it in place.....Rest assure Im figuring some other type of attachment Very Happy

I think Im ditching the fiberglass body for now......Drawing up a new body to be bent out of aluminum...One piece with the nose all in one shot.

The fiberglass is to big of a body......I may save that for a 1 piece dragster

And still have no clue on the canopy let but havent started designing that part......

These TOYS are just fun Stuff to build Very Happy

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
OZZY HILLBILLY
OZZY HILLBILLY

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 am

dominick99 wrote:
Check and Mate
Gaday Guys
Dom mate im new here whats this check mate ment to mean confused Brad
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Peace of Mind...........lol

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 75 inch dragster build   75 inch dragster build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

75 inch dragster build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next