RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

new funny car

Go down 
+2
dominick99
The Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Man
The Man

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 pm

started on a new funny car chassis. first step is to cut and bend all the tubes needed for the chassis,,my bad,,first step is making a jig if you want the chassis to be straight. you cant do these chassis,s free hand,,,cause by the time you done welding it,,it will be so twisted it will look like you ran it into an 8 inch curb lol. so once your jig is done and all your tubes are cut to size and pre bent for the jig,,,,,simply place tubes in the jig and start welding. its alot harder than it looks. I got the left and the right side of the chassis tacked together then it will go back into the jig to weld the cross pieces in. I will post more pics over the weekend when it looks more like a chassis. here,s some updated pics[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by The Man on Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Very Nice Bobby....Not to many folks can make-um look that good

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:39 pm

thanks dom,,,,the jigs make life alot easier for sure.
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I know.....I know.....If your not using a jig.........Your making Junk......lol

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
Paul Songas

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Awesome work Bob, as always.
Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:02 pm

thanks paul. heres a sneek peek of my funny car body i,m gonna run which needs a little tlc lol[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I freakinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Luv it..............Id make that a shelf queen forsure.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Awesome Bobby

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
OZZY HILLBILLY
OZZY HILLBILLY

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Gada Guys
Bob do you tig or Braze you chassies .
Love that injector hat
Brad
Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 am

the chassis is tacked together with a mig,,,,then i,m gonna braze this one together
Back to top Go down
markmrx

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 am

[What is the wheelbase and frt and rear track of your new funny car?
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am

Im gettin old waiting for this one to get done.............lol.....Had to pay you Back Bobby.....hehehehehe.....whatssssssssup dude.....Just got done running both my new raco grand nationals I bought.....Damn.....I had fun....Run um or sell um to somebody that will....Now Back to the cellar for some work on the dragster....Lots to do Rolling Eyes

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
George Lane
Admin

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:13 pm

If your not using it already, try Allstate 11 FC nickel silver brazing rods. Little expensive, $25.00 for 8 rods but it does a fantastic job, 85000 # tin, strength. It is what they use to make bicycle frames
Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

thanks for the heads up gearge. hey dom get to work on that dragster,,,,i,m gonna have one for you to chase. I,m getting my antron brown die cast this week so i can send my body out to gat painted. was hoping to get er done for englishtown in june but its looking like i will be going to the races in penn in september instead. can wait to drag my 1/4 scale matco tools dragster thrue the pits at the races,,,,those guys are gonna bug out when they see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new funny car Empty
PostSubject: Re: new funny car   new funny car I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new funny car
Page 1 of 1