RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

New Era corvette Another Ride

Go down 
+8
gas2go
dtw
Dominick999
vwguru75
Dreambig
RcNuTz
The Man
dominick99
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

New Era corvette  Another Ride Empty
PostSubject: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

And you know what is gonna happen with this Twisted Evil I love these toys.....

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Check and Mate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:52 pm

I think it needs a little work..........heheheheheehe

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
The Man
The Man

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 pm

yeh a day or 2,,,should be enough time to get-r-done
Back to top Go down
RcNuTz

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:44 am

Nice car. Looks familiar. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dreambig
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 am

Dom,

Looks like another winner for ya!

Dreambig
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 am

If you want one let me know........... Surprised

I love these cars

Imagination Ffeeds Creativity

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

RcNuTz wrote:
Nice car. Looks familiar. Smile

I called the guy and he said it was sold.....Then he calls me back and says the other guy didnt want it

I had to have it just for the frame..I didnt have that type of frame untill now

Lots of work but ill get ur done.....lol

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
RcNuTz

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Did the post office decide to hold that car for ransome or did they deliver it yet. Lol
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 pm

LOL.....................Its being held hostage......lol.........Unreal.....I so wanted to tear it down and sandblast it this weekend...........Im going to the Post office Monday and .............Ummmmmmm , Im thinking im going to go Postal on there A$$es

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After many long hostage negotiations the post office has released my New Era Corvette. Rolling Eyes I must say, I have a few Full Frame cars But Im thinking I like this one the best. Very Happy

Im running it this weekend no matter what it takes

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Just fired up the new era corvette..........Servos worked....A wee Bit of Gas and it was off to the races.....Ran strong and Nice and straight. Thats one hell of a clutch thou....Hope I never need to replace that. I havent a clue where to get one of those Rolling Eyes

Thanx for the Car Mike.....Ive been wanting one for ever

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
vwguru75
vwguru75

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 pm

I had this one for a while until I sold it. I'm not sure where it is now but it was a sweet example of the same car you picked up. These were taken when I had it and it had never been run. Makes me wonder if the next owner has run it?

The clutches are pacesetter style clutches. I've still not found a supplier for these. I know pacesetter did not make them and had to have gotten them from SOMEONE, just don't know who.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Thats pretty...........I may have to go to a different set up all togather, but keep the original set up so I can keep it original.....I remember seeing that car....I have pics of it....Im happy with mine....Its gonna get a total restore so I can play with it with out shame.... Laughing

Thanx for the pics and the info

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: started the restro on the front end   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Some pics of the Front end restro...Sand blasted painted and some shinnnnninnnng.. I think Im stuck on this Gun Metal Gray Very Happy

Check and Mate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Dominick999
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm

That came great!!! Keep going!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcburnout.com
RcNuTz

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Looks great. Jealous Smile. Can't wait to see the finished product
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:02 am

After some research on this New Era Frame I believe this car is also able to be setup for a Conley Engine.....Its serial number is (C 002) . That would be a nice surprise. Very Happy Any info on this would be great. Either way I love the car.

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
RcNuTz

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:44 am

I thought the same thing but it was never verified. That would be sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:00 am

I know.......But I really dont care Mike..... Im restoring it with the chain drive and Making it a daily driver....Going to pick up some paint stripper today to remove the paint from the frame...

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dtw

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Dom

All of these frames are able to be set up for a Conley, but I seriously doubt the "C" in the serial number is any reference to same, particularly when the frame has no radiator mount, no gearbox mount, and a bar would potentially need to be removed to fit the Conley, as someone has done with a similar frame (pics all over the net)

It's far more likely that the "C" is just the next of a sequence of numbers they used and had no reference to anything at all. It could also potentially refer to Chassis or Corvette or Chain or Car or any number of things.

dw
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Awesome info DW..............Thank you.....As I said , I didnt care either way.....But that is alot more info then I had.....I was hoping someone would help me out with some info on this....Being a Corvette owner this one is going to be a keeper.. Very Happy

And yes, I have down loaded pretty much every possible pic of the different variations of this car...Thanx for the info again....I owe ya one...

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
dtw

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:52 am

Mate being a chain drive it would have to be one of the earlier cars, so I would suspect with the 002 in the serial number it's potentially the second built.
Would be interesting to hear from anyone else with one what the serial number of theirs is. If theirs are numbered sequentially (eg c003, c004 etc) then you would get some clarity around the numbers.
Otherwise, it's a great car. Restore it, run it, keep it.

Back to top Go down
dtw

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:04 am

If you have a look at the pic of the yellow car with the Conley mounted right up front in a standard 1:1 location, you would need to remove the cross bar on yours to get it in there.
I'd upload the pic but for some reason I can't. It says exceeds maximum file size 0kb.??

I'd just clean it up as is, and run it like that. You'll have more fun with it that if you were ever to put a Conley in it.

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:02 am

dtw wrote:
If you have a look at the pic of the yellow car with the Conley mounted right up front in a standard 1:1 location, you would need to remove the cross bar on yours to get it in there.
I'd upload the pic but for some reason I can't. It says exceeds maximum file size 0kb.??

I'd just clean it up as is, and run it like that. You'll have more fun with it that if you were ever to put a Conley in it.

I plan on running it with the chain drive .....No Conley for sure. As son as I got the car I fired it up and did some high speed laps with it...Every thing functioned great and the Motor is solid...Turns on a dime....I am restoring it because folks want to look at it and I cant have the thing looking like it was....It will be a daily driver....The clutch is my only concern....At one point I will have to figure out will to get a replacement....Any one have a lead on them let me know

Check and Mate
Back to top Go down
vwguru75
vwguru75

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Post a good picture of the clutch. You may be able to get one from a mower shop. Is the clutch drum worn or is it the shoes? If it's what I believe it is, it's a steel clutch and is similar to a chainsaw/trimmer clutch. The drum is the tougher part to get.

The two people that come to mind that MAY have something laying around are:

Mike from QSL or Bob S.

Post some pictures of the parts and the wear either way and see what folks come up with. See if you can identify the thread too, and if it's left or right handed. I believe it's left handed like a Pacesetter clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Era corvette Another Ride   New Era corvette  Another Ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Era corvette Another Ride
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next