RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

RCBO Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Pro Street Beretta

Go down 
+4
FuNkY mOnK
quick
dominick99
QSPSB
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey all.. Im new to this forum,, Not sure where to start, I've been building a Quarterscale ProStreet Beretta for about 3 years now. It's a full tube 3/8'' stainless steel chassis. built much like the real 25.1 promod chassis. it will sport an all steel body which is nearly formed and tack welded, still need to complete the front bumper. once done I will do all the body work with Evercoat Z-grip body filler.. Been working on many projects over the last few years and will post many of them in the near future.. I'm currently desigining/machining a ProMod style rear end. It's machined from 6061 T-6511 aluminum. I got the main/center section machined and I'm currently doing all the CAD/CAM programs to machine the 4-link brackets. I picked up some decent shocks for the rear as well as some struts for the front, I just need to machine the bushings/spacers that will support the spindle and brake caliper mount.. I'll post pics soon.. need to contact Dom about the max picture size.. Mines evidently to big..
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you have to click on the double disk box on top its like the 7th one from the right on the top row ....it will prompt you from there....you have to copy it once it uploads and paste it in the box where you write you message....
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Test pic up load
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks Dom I'll give that a shot in a bit. Nice headers bud, did you make them?
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Picture Test !!
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Awesome.. Finally got this figured out.. Anyhoot.. The picture above is a shot of the shocks I'm going to use on the Beretta.. The rear shocks are ready to be bolted on once I get the rearend done and installed.. I'm going to remove the lower (short) spring on the front ones and machine a sleeve that will support the spindle, and caliper mount..[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Various pics of the Beretta fabrication![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Various pics on machining the rearend for the Beretta/other![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Awesome. Love that beretta. Keep it up. Lots of had work there

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Dominick
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks.. Yeah I have many hours in it.. I 'm hoping to have all the metal in place by spring.. Then I'll start on the body work..
Back to top Go down
quick
Rookie Member

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 am

what scale is that going to b when finished
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 pm

1/4
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:53 pm

[url=https://servimg.com/view/18078684/14][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]vimg.com/u/f75/18/07/86/84/pic_6110.jpg[/img][/url]
Finally staring to get back to the Beretta body. Got 2 coats of mud in place and will need 3 or so more to achieve the correct profile. I'm thinking I'll seal/prime it with PPG K-36 H/B primer. that stuff is awesome,, It'll nearly fill 36 grit marks and I'm sanding this with 60 grit... Should be ready for primer next weekend or soon after!
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:37 pm

That's gonna look awesome Dude. Can't Waite to se it.....

Oh......I want one....:-)

Dominick
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Got a Lil more mud on the Beretta hood, Still need to apply/sand a few more but it's starting to take shape. Time to break out the long sanding block!!
Back to top Go down
FuNkY mOnK

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am

Is this stony? This is my all time favorite! None have come close to this build. No disrespect to anyone just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Yes... Thank you!
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Got a tad more done on the Beretta hood. Need to apply a few more layers of mud but its starting to take shape. I purchased the primer for it will hopefully have it done and in primer next weekend, I was going to go with PPG K-38 high build primer but decided to go with kustom Shop KL-611 high build primer.. Which is a division of House of Kolor.. I'm going to go with House of Kolor shimrin2 products throughout.. They have some wild Kandies and there clear coat is simply amazing...I may even add a little Kameleon opal & Ice pearl to the basecoat...

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Nice!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Nice!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] border="0" alt=""/>
Got a tad more done on the Beretta hood. a few more coats of mud and the top/sides profiling will be done. as you may have noticed i haven't addressed the inner/opening
area yet, i'll do that once the top/sides are done. I ordered the majority of the electronics for the Beretta as well. I'm going with the Turnigy 9XR transmitter,FrSky
DF 2.4 Ghz module & RX, Turnigy 2S-3S ballance charger,BMS-L560DMG+HS 380 oz 1/4 scale digital servo for steering. 3-SM-S8330M 30 Kg servoes to operate the
1 Throttle/Rear brakes
2 Front brakes/Chute release
3 Running/Head lights
From hobbyking.com

I also ordered 2 pairs of 1/5 scale Hydraulic disc brake systems/aluminum/silver from King Motor.com
I order two sets which each have a single master cylinder so i can set the rear brakes as my primary brake and the front brakes as a line lock brake if you will,
for burnouts.

I also ordered all the necessasary lights which are 10 mm bright white & a 12volt NiMH batter pack & Compact NiMH/NiCd charger from BatterySpace.com

Should have it all in a week or soo. the radio system is in route from H/K and brakes are due to arrive on the 30th. I just placed the order on the lights also from H/K today,
& the batterrys/charger today... I'm going to hit up a local junk yard and pick up some amber/red running light cover and cut them down to scale for the Beretta,
A lil heat from the heat gun to form them and i should be in business.. I'll update this thread once the stuff arrives/ bodywork progress... WhoooHooo!!
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Blew a ton of dust off the Beretta and brought it up stairs so I can re-design the front suspension and run the stainless steel brake lines and such.. Got alot of little things i need to address on the chassis before i start on the actual body work..

So i fire up the computer and attempt to load solid edge , which is the main CAD program i use and tried to update it and it stated that Solid Edge no longer supports Microsoft windows XP, home or Pro.. So now I need to purchase windows 7 and install it just to run Solid Edge.. bummer!!

I need to get the front bumper done on this thing, it looks funky as it looks now... Lol...
Back to top Go down
George Lane
Admin

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:43 pm

That is one fantastic build Please share some of your skills with us like the guage and hardness spec on the metal you use for the body and your method of forming the body pannels
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin
dominick99

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:36 pm

That thing is gonna be sick. I can't Waite for it to be done

Dominick
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks guys.. I'll have to locate the material order copies on the gauge / strength of the steel, I've been building this thing for 5 years and don't remember the gauge / strength. As for forming the metal, no special tools here my friend, I formed it all with various size pieces of round stock and 1.1 exhaust pipe adapters and what not.. I'll post the steel gauge / strength when I have the time to locate the material copy's .. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pro Street Beretta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Street Beretta   Pro Street Beretta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro Street Beretta
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next